Date(s) - Jul 29 2018
9:30 AM - 4:30 PM
PEAC Health and Fitness
with Instructor April James
AAAI/ISMA Sports Nutrition Consultant Certification
The AAAI/ISMA Sports Nutrition Certification is designed to help people understand basic and advanced nutrition concepts and equip them with the tools needed to discuss this information with others. Upon successful completion the class portion of the course, people should be able to:
- Understand the roles proteins, fats and carbohydrates play in the body
- Discuss how proteins, fats and carbohydrates influence exercise
- Understand and discuss the role of vitamins and minerals in the body
- Discuss vitamins and minerals as they relate to exercise performance
- Understand how to read food labels
- Be able to discuss pro/con research for various dietary supplements
- Be able to sort fact from fiction with respect to dietary supplements
- Recognize side effects of dietary supplements
The goal of the AAAI/ISMA Sports Nutrition program is to expand the knowledge and understanding of not only fitness professionals but the general public as well. Learn the basics of Macro nutrients (Carbohydrates, Proteins and Fats) and micronutrients, (vitamins, minerals, and water) while learning how to better educate clients on how to improve their health through nutrition.
Bookings are closed for this event.