Date(s) - Apr 26 2020
10:00 AM - 4:00 PM EST
With Instructor Mike Rickett M.s.
The AAAI/ISMA Sports Nutrition Certification is designed to help people understand basic and advanced nutrition concepts and equip them with the tools needed to discuss this information with others. Upon successful completion the class portion of the course, people should be able to:
- Understand the roles proteins, fats and carbohydrates play in the body
- Discuss how proteins, fats and carbohydrates influence exercise
- Understand and discuss the role of vitamins and minerals in the body
- Discuss vitamins and minerals as they relate to exercise performance
- Understand how to read food labels
- Be able to discuss pro/con research for various dietary supplements
- Be able to sort fact from fiction with respect to dietary supplements
- Recognize side effects of dietary supplements
The goal of the AAAI/ISMA Sports Nutrition program is to expand the knowledge and understanding of not only fitness professionals but the general public as well.
Learn the basics of Macro nutrients (Carbohydrates, Proteins and Fats) and micro nutrients, (vitamins, minerals, and water) while learning how to better educate clients on how to improve their health through nutrition.
This class is going to be offered online via the ZOOM platform.
Book Your Space in the Workshop
Bookings are closed for this event.